Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cracked sidewalks and secrets

Cracked sidewalks and secrets.
I care and I've kept yours.
You say you care
more than me, 
but you step on the cracks,
Waterfalls in my eyes.

Your love is circumstantial,
its cruel to lead me on.
Slippery slopes and endless circles
always end in pain.

Slipping and falling,
I don't need your help to push me farther down.
But you seem to think I do.

Soft, beautiful lies,
caramel sweet.
I see through your mask,
but you lie so convincingly
you believe your own lies.

It's done, it's over.
Your facade fades,
your mind and love and emotion 
change.
Your face drops. 
And like the crack of a whip
you start and won't finish 
until I lie down,
my bleeding heart on the floor.

Step on it.
Step on the cracks.
Step on my heart.
Go on,
reveal all my secrets,
you have proved you truly don't care.
Your true self.
But I will always care,
and keep you in my heart
and keep your secrets.
You are too important not to,
though I know I'm not to you.

It's over, 
you plundered and took
everything from me.
Take until you are satisfied.
I don't have the heart to stop you,
Nor the will.

My sad shoes turn away from you,
my eyes on the cracked sidewalks,
and I finally walk away;
your secrets burdening my pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment